Qualcomm Announces 205 Mobile Platform to Bring 4G LTE Services to Entry-level Phones
Qualcomm has introduced the Qualcomm® 205 Mobile Platform, designed to bring 4G LTE connectivity and 4G services to entry-level feature phones, company announced at a launch event in New Delhi today.
The Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform includes the Qualcomm 205 SoC, which encompasses the baseband functionalities, plus hardware components including RF front end, discrete Wi-Fi, power management, audio codec, speaker amplifier, and software, all to enable a comprehensive mobile solution.
The Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform is designed for OEMs and ODMs that service consumers who may otherwise be unable to gain access to high quality, affordable, reliable mobile devices. This includes emerging regions, such as those in India, Latin America, and Southeast Asia.
Devices with the Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform are designed to support consumers, micro-enterprises, and others, to economically communicate using advanced LTE data services such as Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi).
Qualcomm 205 SoC features include:
- LTE Cat 4 modem with up to 150 Mbps download, 50 Mbps upload;
- Support for 4G, 3G and 2G networks;
- Support for 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, ANT+, FM radio;
- Dual Core CPU at 1.1 GHz;
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ GPU;
- 3 megapixel rear camera,.3MP selfie camera
- VGA display at 480p 60 frames per-second;
- HD Video streaming;
- Support for Linux based OS;
- Support for dual SIMs;
- Pin-compatible with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 210/212
The Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform is available today with devices expected to reach consumers in Q2 2017.