LTE Tariff Tracker's latest edition with pricing from over 100 LTE MNOs reveals average inclusive allowance is just over 11 GB
Tue 7 May 2013, TCL has introduced the Q1 2013 edition of its Global LTE Pricing Tariff Tracker service which for the first time detailed data from over 100 MNOs worldwide, reflecting the continued growth in the introduction of new LTE (4G) Mobile Data services.
The Q1 2013 TCL Global LTE Pricing Tariff Tracker subscription service now includes detailed pricing information from some 103 MNOs worldwide from 61 countries (including Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Americas) - up from 89 MNOs in Q4 2012.
The latest edition of the Quarterly TCL LTE Tariff Tracker service highlights the following key trends:
- The average LTE price worldwide is now just over $53 USD per month.
- The average LTE inclusive allowance is 11.6 GB per month (n1)
- The LTE monthly inclusive data allowance varies by operator from under 1 GB per month ranging up to 20 GB, 30 GB, 40 GB & 80 GB and higher – with some MNOs offering an unlimited mobile data allowance.
- LTE theoretical download speeds also vary by operator, with the largest LTE download speed of 150 Mbps (being used by 8 MNOs (34 price plans)) and the 100 Mbps download speed being one of the most common (being used by 36 operators (180 price plans)).
- Selected MNOs including Smart (Philippines), Telekom (Germany) and Airtel (India) and Portuguese operators have also introduced a range of time-limited price promotions with Smart offering unlimited data for Pre Pay LTE until the end of June 2013.