IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
NgnGuru Solutions provides web-based and on-site telecommunication training courses, customized & designed to meet and exceed customer expectations. Topics are presented by instructors rich in technical expertise, industry experience, and outstanding presentation style.
A 1 day IMS Training Course includes IMS overview, network architecture, protocols, procedures and interfaces.
IMS training provides good understanding of the IMS technology, architecture and protocols. This course is developed utilizing the latest learning and delivery techniques that offer unrivaled development opportunities.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will have a good understanding of:
- What is IMS?
- What does IMS provide?
- IMS Benefits – For Carriers
- IMS Benefits – For Users
- High level requirements – IMS Applications
- Where we can use SIP ?
- SIP Architecture
- SIP Messages
IMS Networks Architecture
- Reference Points
- 3GPP IMS Network Configuration
- Key IMS Concepts
- Call Session Control Function - P-CSCF, I-CSCF, S-CSCF
- Breakout Gateway Control Function (BGCF)
- Multimedia Resource Function (MRF)
- Home Subscriber Server (HSS)
- Media Gateway Controller Function (MGCF)
- Interworking with CS Networks
- Interworking Reference Model
- Interworking between IM CN subsystem and CS network
IMS Procedures & Signaling Scenarios
- Establishing IP-Connectivity Access Network (IP-CAN) bearer for IM CN Subsystem Related Signalling
- Proxy CSCF discovery
- Interrogating CSCF - Determine Serving CSCF
- Registration with S-CSCF
Emergency service handling
- Reference Architecture
- Emergency CSCF
- Location Retrieval Function
- NGN Functional Architecture
- NGN IMS Overview
The IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is an architectural framework for delivering Internet Protocol (IP) multimedia services. IMS enables wireline, wireless and cable operators to offer a new generation of rich multimedia services Across both circuit switched and packet switched networking infrastructures.
Network & Telecom Engineers and Technical Staff involved in development, testing, and deployment requiring comprehensive details of IMS technology, procedures & operations.
Although this course requires no previous knowledge or understanding of IMS, a good understanding of SIP would be beneficial.